Welcome to Mrs. Voegtle's Kindergarten Classroom!
March 12, 2020
Next week we will be going to Book Fair. Monday we will look around and write a short list of books we like. Tuesday and Wednesday are shopping days.
St. Patrick’s Day is Tuesday, March 17. This will be a non-uniform day if the students wear green.
We have set the date for Kindergarten Graduation. May 20thwill be our day. This will be a morning program. I will send more info as it gets closer. I just wanted to give you a heads up in- case you need to ask off work.
Things we have worked on this week:
- In Math we counting by 5’s. We are learning about the nickel. We practiced counting nickels and buying things with nickels up to 25 cents. We also learned a new shape. (cylinder)
- In Reading we read stories about exploring and hiking. We talked about safety while exploring. In the fantasy story Sheep take a Hike, we read about mishaps some sheep encounter on their hike, how they get lost, and how they find their way home. We answered the question, “What kind of things can happen on a hike?” We are also learning about cause and effect in stories.
- In Phonics we are reviewing letter Dd.
- In Religion we are learning about Lent as a special time to celebrate Jesus. We are making a Stations of the Cross Book. We completed stations 5-9 this week.
- In Art we painted rainbows. We wrote about what each color of the rainbow reminds us of. (Red-apple, orange- pumpkin, etc.)
Have a great weekend!