Welcome to Mrs. Voegtle's Kindergarten Classroom!
November 20, 2020
We are talking about Thanksgiving this week. We have been talking about what it means and how we celebrate it. Since food was such an important part of the first Thanksgiving, we are planning a special treat for our classroom celebration. On Tuesday we will prepare a fruit salad for an afternoon snack. We will also be making butter out of whipping cream to put on crackers. Each student will be assigned a piece of fruit to put in the salad. Please see the bottom of this letter to see what your child should bring.
We only have 2 days of school next week, therefore I will not be sending a letter. I hope your family has a wonderful Thanksging holiday. I am Thankful to have each of your precious children in my class this year!
Things we have worked on this week are:
- In Phonics we worked on recognizing, writing, and identifying pictures with Pp.
- Math we have been working on counting pennies to match a price tag, copying AB patterns, and comparing weights of objects using a balance scale.
- In Language Arts we added a nine to our word boxes. We have been working on reading books with our high frequency words independently. We also started write the room. Kids had to find Thanksgiving words hidden around the room and write them.
- In Art/ Social Studies we made Native American boys and girls. We talked about ways the Native Americans helped the pilgrims. We made Indian pottery. They are hanging in the hall.
- In Religion we are learning about how our families help us learn about God and His world. We also talked about ways your families celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas.